Linux Client IT Admin Guide
Linux users: it’s your time.
Ensure every endpoint in a mixed IT environment is covered by a single comprehensive Privileged Access Management tool.
The Linux kernel provides arguably the most flexible, stable, secure, and lightweight operating systems on the market, but is still a bit of a niche choice for computer users and organizations.
A key factor attributing to Linux’s considerably lower market share compared to OS giants, Windows and macOS, is the perceived – and often actual – lack of compatibility of much-needed software solutions with Linux-based systems.
That’s not to say there aren’t thousands of applications available for Linux, but finding a comprehensive security solution that also meets compliance requirements can easily turn into a cumbersome task when you have to factor in Linux endpoints.
So from a business-owner’s perspective, it makes sense to avoid any potential compatibility issues by choosing Windows or macOS over Linux.
Our latest software release makes the choice easy – by taking it away.
Whether you’ve got a hoard of Linux-based endpoints, or just a couple of developers who simply prefer Ubuntu over Windows – they can now receive the same protections afforded to their larger OS counterparts with Admin By Request’s Privileged Access Management solution for Linux.
Read the Release Notes here.
There’s a lot to like about the latest release:
- Lightweight: Like the OS it’s built for, Admin By Request for Linux is quick and easy to install and offers a ‘no-frills, no-fuss’ PAM solution: covering the fundamentals of Privileged Access Management.
- Flexible: If you’ve got a mixture of OSs in use at your organization, this release gives you the ability to manage multiple solutions under one tenant – eliminating the need to choose between operating systems, or implement multiple security solutions to cover them all.
- Ticks the Boxes: Whether you’re after a comprehensive PAM solution, or simply need to meet certain compliance requirements relating to cybersecurity, Admin By Request for Linux achieves both.
- It’s Free: Like open-source Linux software, this latest release is available on a lifetime plan, completely free, for up to 25 endpoints.
Version 3 of Admin By Request for Linux supports:
- Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa) LTS
- Ubuntu 22.04 (Jammy Jellyfish) LTS
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9 (RHEL9)
Further support for other Linux-based operating systems will be made available in subsequent releases.
Download Admin By Request for Linux via your Admin Portal: Top Menu > Download > Download Client for Linux.