macOS Client IT Admin Guide
Admin By Request Version 4.2 for macOS is here, adding new and improved core features including Confirm Mode and System Settings Lockdown. Download it today and kick the year off with comprehensive cybersecurity across all operating systems.
New in 4.2
- New System Settings Lockdown feature added to control the access to specific System Settings in macOS by enabling or disabling access within the portal.
- Added Confirm Mode allowing users to elevate applications with a single button click rather than entering their credentials.
New in 4.1
- New Owner feature. You can block elevations for anyone but the first non-administrator that logs on to the computer under Mac Settings -> Lockdown -> Owner.
- Intune Compliance lockdown setting added. This feature is similar to the Owner lockdown feature; if a computer is not Intune Compliant, any elevation can be prevented. Refer to this page for documentation.
New in 4.0
Run as Admin
Removed in macOS Version 3.0 Onwards:
- Last Admin Check – no longer relevant, removed in 3.0 – the Last Admin Check feature is no longer relevant thanks to the addition of the PIN Code uninstall feature. The purpose of the Last Admin Check was to ensure that you always have at least one administrator account left, but is no longer necessary because you can now use PIN Code uninstall to remove the software on the endpoint and regain local admin rights (in the case of accidentally downgrading all users to standard user).
- Log Files – this service previously logged helpful information such as software version, detected Active Directory settings, admin downgrades, and similar changes to /var/log/adminbyrequest.log. It has been replaced in recent versions with functionality to submit diagnostics information from the About window, under Diagnostics.